stop your dog from pulling on the leash -
Here are some keys to stop a dog from pulling on the leash.
1. Hold the leash with two hands - one through the loop and one about a foot up from the bottom.
2. Tie a knot on your leash about a foot or foot and a quarter up. Hold the leash underneath the knot and never move your hand.
3. Always keep your dog on the left side. If they stray to the right gently guide them back to position.
4. If your dog continues to pull, stop in your tracks, wait until he finally turns back to you, tell him he's a good dog and continue on. Your dog should show recognition if you are consistant with the above.
5. So you've done these things and your dog still wants to be the pack leader? You might want to invest in either a gentle leader or Halti and use them to teach the "heal command".
What can Downtown Pet do to help you?
Downtown Pet prides itself on doing more than just giving your dog a bathroom break. Our experienced walkers will help reinforce leash etiqutte and basic training. Learn more about our nyc dog walker services.